angeles crest highway death

colt 38 super texas ranger

When emailing or calling sellers direct, please mention that you saw their listing on GunsInternational.com. While I enjoy the wonderful 45 cartridge I much prefer the higher capacity and easier control of follow up shots with the 9mm and 38 Super. The first practical revolving-cylinder handgun was invented in 1831 by Samuel Colt of Hartford, Connecticut, and patented on February 25, 1836, the year of the Texas Revolution. As an Old School (Since early 90s) competitive shooter / reloader, and ER/ICU MD, Ive been a fan of ol .38 Super. That small change means that modern .38 Supers are as accurate as 9mm or .45 ACP pistols. After I retired from a near 30 year career in emergency services (firefighter/paramedic) I got a job in a gun store. These loads offer excellent feed reliability. Categories: Semi Auto Pistols Condition: New Manufacturer: Colt Model: 1911 El Samuel Colt Caliber: 38 Super Auto +P SKU: 098289112774 MPN: O1911C-38-ESB UPC: 098289112774 He was a conservative Democrat who loved the Constitution and believed that the federal government needed to let states like Texas take control of their own destinies at a time when Truman and the national Democrats were desperately seeking a deal to force out states rights Democrats that were threatening to keep Texas out of Trumans clutches. *Colt Style Belgium ''Texas Ranger'' 38 RevolverThis *Colt Style Belgium ''Texas Ranger'' 38 RevolverThis is a Belgium made Colt western style single and double action revolver. COLT 1911 TEXAS RANGER 38 SUPER USED GUN INV 219948 Description: Colt 1911 Texas Ranger commemorative chambered in .38 Super with a 4 1/4 inch barrel bright bore and good grooves with a display case and Texas Ranger Medallion. It was shipped to McBride's Guns, Inc. in Austin, Texas, on March 24, 1984. Not far from my Bar.Sto, Clark, Briley bbls. The loading gate is loose when down. Over the years, the pistol was chambered for .45 ACP, .38 Super, 9 mm, .22 LR and various. The first thing on the list is determining the parts needed to make the transition to 38 Super. I have 2 Kimber 38 Supers and love them. Note that I give the same respect to the 357sig as the 38 super, both available in concealed carry frame size. Regular Price. I presently shot mostly bullseye. The little guy hold an honorary place in my collection and I smile when I think back to when I purchased it for $100.00. Hamer also owned many other guns. Below this was a lightweight aluminum-alloy frame, with a flat-black Armor Tuff finish, making the package lighter on the belt and giving a striking appearance. The ammo is not as hard to find as stated in the article. The lawyers got to look at the records just long enough to make notes and it soon became apparent that Lyndon Johnson had engaged in a massive election fraud that was unprecedented even by the standards then prevalent in Texas where ranchers and political bosses were able to deliver blocs of voters to candidates willing to pay the highest price. The Democratic State Central Committee proclaimed Johnson the winner of the primary by a 29-28 vote (then a deal was consummated in which states rights Democrats were run out of the convention) while Stevenson was granted an injunction by the federal district court. Do you still have the ammo? The frame is undercut at the front strap trigger-guard juncture, for a higher grip, and the front strap and flat mainspring housing are checkered in an effective 30-lpi pattern. Your discussions, feedback and comments are welcome here as long as they are relevant and insightful. at the time. I selected it as it appeared to be the most powerful automatic pistol cartridge at the time. Factory ammo as you are likely aware is pretty expensive. Ralph Rohatsch was a friend and associate of my father, who was the sheriff of San Patricio, County Texas . Was an excellent firearm but I let it wiggle its way out of my collection and into one of my buddys who had become obsessed about acquiring it till he offered a deal that I couldnt pass up. Ive made hits with the Colt at 300 yards using Remington factory 130 grain FMJ. Trace McDonald, a Ranger in Eastern Texas, acquired his first Wilson Combat pistola CQB modeland eventually Trace contacted Bill Wilson to see if Wilson Combat would be interested in helping some Texas Rangers acquire handguns with the quality that his CQB displayed. Stevenson wanted to examine the tally sheets in the ballot box for Precinct 13; i.e.,fraudulent poll and tally lists for his opponent, then Congressman Lyndon Johnson. Finding specific guns right now is a be-otch. The Colt Walker, sometimes known as . I use the Colt Combat Commander. Frank Hamer was born in Fairview, Wilson County, Texas. The Winchester Silvertip breaks about 1,200 fps with a 125-grain bullet. Kimber Custom Shop made only 260 Stainless Gold Match SE II in .38 Super in 2001. I accidentally bought 38 super rounds through the mail and realized my mistake. Out of stock View Details . The 1930 Sherman riot made Texas notorious for its racial animosity. LBJ won the runoff by only 87 votes out of a total of 988,295. Trimming, taper crimping, careful selection of bullets, everything still resulted in many rejects that didnt chamber properly. Hi Ben, email me at bowhuntr1959@yahoo.com if you are interested in selling your 38 super ammo. Such a reputation is in itself a most intimidating weapon and Hamer never slowed down as he approached Parrs gunmen. Ive had it since 1979 and love it. Working primarily along the South Texas border, Hamer became known as an expert shot. Veteran Deputy Bob Alcorn had chugged away with his hefty Browning Automatic Rifle and ripped some respectable holes all the way through the car. Secondly, a slide short enough to help with concealment, yet long enough to reduce the whippiness found on many truly short-barreled pistols, and still providing a good sight radius. The .38 Super chambered 1911 arriving in 1929 pre-dated not only the .357 Magnum of 1935 but also the .38-44 Heavy Duty of 1930. In the 80s people began to realize that head spacing off the Rim (like revolver cartridges) was why so many .38 Supers were not accurate, and started spacing off the case mouth, like the .45 ACP. Most were marked " For .38 Colt Special " which is nothing more than the S&W .38 Special but with a flat nose. Colt 1911C Government ,.38 Super, 5" Barrel, Blue, Semi-Auto . First, gangsters (Dillinger, Nelson, etc.) The testimony that the lawyers gathered- as a result of the names of voters that later testified they had never voted- and jotted down while in the bank- demonstrated, beyond any doubt, according to Robert Caro (the definitive Johnson biographer)- that Lyndon Johnson had personally conducted one of the most massive election frauds in U.S. electoral history. As for the Colt .38 Super . The Para-Ordnance is an eye-catching pistol that has proven completely reliable, reasonably accurate, and a great deal of fun. Seller: Craig Barter. I chose an inexpensive Swenson barrel from Brownells for this project. Description: Metal finish is 25%, has some patina. I fitted a .38 Super barrel and stronger spring. It is not carried everywhere but it is easier to get than some calibers like the .50 ae. . Colt Defense O1911CSS38QTZ 1991 Aztec Empire .38SUP. My carry ammo is loaded considerably hotter (think 923 Winchester level). over the 45ACP, and got one. There are a lot of opinions on the .38 Super. When he got to the next group, his fingers curled for the draw and poised just above the grip of his pistol. Both of my Open STI Race Guns are .38 Super made for Major Power Factors of the 1990s. A Colt .38 Super was carried by Texas Ranger Jack Hammer, and others, because it was the only caliber of its time that could penetrate the body armor that the then current crop of criminals in the US were wearing. Out of stock. This is a well-known gun in Texas as it was displayed in several major museums (including the LBJ Library in Austin) for a two-year exhibition in the early 1980s, a listing at RR Auction reads. Slides wear a set of Wilson Combats Tactical Pyramid sights and ejection ports are lowered and flared. And now looking at either carrying the govt or maybe a commander. I purchased a Colt Commander .38 Super in 1959 from Abercrombie & Fitch in San Francisco for $45.00. The pistol pictured was presented to Highway patrolman Glenn Elliott in 1956. , This is a great history of a very great man fighting bad men including LBJ and the criminal democratic party, Your email address will not be published. If you can. Great 3 cartridge pistol for defense or hunting. My platform I shoot the Super in is from Tanfoglio. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. The Barrow Gang robbed banks in Oklahoma, Texas and Iowa with Hamer in hot pursuit. Stevenson and Hamer met the lawyers at the Alice Hotel and Hamer told them to take off their coats so that the well-armed gangs employed by the Duke of Duvall,George Parr, would know that they were unarmed. All rights reserved. It made an excellent weapon for aircrew members, combat medics , radiomen and machine gunners. The Wilson Combat Texas Ranger Professional on Ranger Trace McDonalds belt works, as our range outing proved. The first consideration is a 38 Super barrel. America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter. Look at some old gangster photos for 1911s with curiously small holes in the barrel. The unfortunate rarity of any sort of bulk ammunition and the corresponding magazines makes it more of a niche type of weapon but they are worth the extra effort. The article covers the bases pretty well the 38 super is to a 9mm what the 357 is to the 38 splin short more bang. Had a guy once tell me there was no such thing, he is now a believer. A larger group stood in the doorway of the bank where Johnsons cronies illegally kept the election records. Like other Hamer biographers, Boesseneker confirms the famed ranger's favorite sidearm was a Colt Single Action Army .45 with a 4-3/4-inch barrel and Type C (almost full coverage) engraving, which Hamer nicknamed "Old Lucky." A few years ago, his SAA revolver sold at auction for $165,000. Thank you for the review. His lawyers argued about strategy for hours and Johnson finally turned to Abe Fortas who happened to be in nearby Dallas on business. The 9mm and .45 probably offer advantages over the .38 Super in many categories, but the old Super is a cartridge with plenty of panache, style, flash, and performance. Shoot 38 Super most of the time rather My Dillon 1050 is set up to load almost 1000 rounds per hour of .38 Super with VV N350, 3N37, or 3N38 & WW Auto Comp. Own a Taurus 1911, and have used it in matches. Today, Texas DPS issues Sig Sauer pistols in .357 Sig, undeniably robust, and potent, equipment. However, as an elite division, the Rangers are allowed some latitude in what they carry, and a large number choose the 1911. "TEXAS RANGER" is on the left side of the barrel. There is nothing wrong with the .38 ACP Super, to use its proper name. The VERY best / strongest, brass is Starline rimless COMP. Hamer was known to have followed the Dillinger case as a matter of professional curiosity, he may well have been familiar with Homers published remarks which were If you want to give your coppers an even break with present-day gangsters, you want to equip them with the new Super .38 caliber. Is there a reference for the 6 1/2 inch Triplelock? Its used most commonly in competition teamed with a compensated 1911 (opinion). Hamer spent 27 years with the Rangers. However my Dad shot on the 4th Army pistol team in the 50s and they shot 22, 38 Super, and 45 autos all in the 45 frame. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. 3 Revolver, 1907 Winchester Rifle, Ranger George Chapman, 1950 Smith & Wesson Chiefs Special, Sgt. I have purchase all the cheap stuff, Armscor, Magtech and Aguilla in 125 to 130 grain, you can find it for $15 ish a box. Winchester makes a 124gr nickel coated brass case jacketed soft point ammo. COLT 1911 38 SUPER STAINLESS . In my youth I looked for a .38 Super, but in South Texas every time I got a lead on one, it was already sold. Previously sold. I built a 1911 Govt in 9mm and I just love it but wanted a little more power. When expecting a gunfight, he also took a .44 S&W Hand-Ejector revolver with 6.5 barrel for backup. It is a popular caliber in countries that ban civilian ownership of military caliber weapons. I even doubt his first efforts at pistolsmithing caused anyone to say, Hey, why dont you found a world-class pistolsmithing company? Many handgun aficionados did kitchen table pistolsmithing then, usually inspired by George Nontes Pistolsmithing. Had some minor feed issues with HP ammo but one of our range guys is a gunsmith. Regardless, once you get the brass, a Super can be just as economical to shoot as a 9mm. I now have a 18 shot, 3 caliber 1911. Tangfolio Match Elite chambered in 9mm. Hamer was a cowboy on the Carr Ranch, between Sheffield and Fort Stockton when he captured the horse thief. Adding a stainless-steel Tactical Ambidextrous Thumb Safety accommodated his left-handedness. Great decision on my part for sure! Got the 38 Super bug a little late to convert one of my Glocks since the source for the barrels dried up. Those are Supers, and they were the better choice for a while. One is the Colt Competition 1911, one is the Taurus PT and the third one is an EAA Witness, which holds 17 + 1 rounds. Colt Cobra TT 38 Special +P Rated Double Action Revolver with Black DLC Cylinder $749.00 $619.99; Notify Me When Available; Brand: Colt; Item Number: COBRA-TT2FO; Colt Cobra 38 Special Used Police Trade-in Revolver $699.99; Brand: Colt; Item Number: 169389LW; Colt Cobra 38 Special Double Action Revolver with Wood Grips . The Colt Monitor: A Rare Improved BAR DPS Texas Rangers (1935-present) Handguns 1950 Colt .38 Super, Ranger Glenn Elliott Colt Commander Model Longarms 2006 Bushmaster M4 Rifle 2011 LaRue .308 Rifle Other firearms of interest, either not in the museum collection or not on display. Thats my take, now take your best shot to change my mind.. Stainless hex head grip screws secure the grips he chose: Black/grey G-10 with a Starburst Pattern. Over generations of colorful history, his creation has evolved into todays highly regarded Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety. Shot well and handled very similar to a baby eagle. With the bull barrel there is no bushing used in the slide so the problem of bushing breakup that some Colt officer-sized guns have experienced is now a thing of the past. Also Colt makes a nicely accurate full size Competition Model. with an extra barrel in 9mm. After catching the rustlers, Hamer led a successful effort to organize his neighbors and several other counties around Kimble County to improve the roads so that merchants and farmers could get their products to and from places like San Antonio. Two of these 22 round magazine equipped death machines were confiscated in a raid on John Dillingers apartment in St. Paul in April of 1933. If you have a question about an item, please call or e-mail for more information before placing your order. I mailed 9mm barrel to Gun Smith who for $44.50 he then reamed the barrel to 923. M. T. Gonzaullas, 1921 Thompson Sub-Machine Gun, Ranger H. Purvis, 1950 Colt .38 Super, Ranger Glenn Elliott, 1857 Manhattan Firearms Co. "Navy" Revolver, Capt. The cop in the bunch and 2 of 4 others all had 38 super weapons within a month. One of my favorites! While this is often the stated purpose of the .38 Super, there were two other roles that were more important on a commercial basis. When you read the engraving it will bring a tear to your eyes. One of a kind 1 of 1 done by the Colt custom shop for the Texas Ranger Foundation to auction at their annual fundraiser. The mob battled National Guardsmen who were sent into Sherman by Governor Moody and tried to break into the vault. Muzzle brake . Im in Chandler. I reload for mine so ammunition is not a problem, All loads are made up in rimless Starline match brass and with a load the pistol likes I can get 2 groups at 25 yards. It fired a .429-inch, 200 grain lead, round-nose bullet at around 870 feet per second and 336 ft-lbs energy which equaled the .44 Russian's traditional 246 grain load. The caliber saw extensive use in the hands of the FBI and figured into the demise of dangerous fugitives such as Baby Face Nelson. The .38 Super was introduced in the 1911 handgun in 1929 to arm peace officers with a hard-hitting handgun that offered good penetration against the new breed of mechanized thug. The Super 38 and 923 are almost the same and reloaded with Super dies are. I happen to have a Colt 1911 National Match in the .38 Super Full Wad Cutter. Most competitive race guns at that time were using nothing but .38 Super. When Stevenson sent lawyers to Alice demanding to see the voting records (pursuant to Texas voting statutes) their lawful demands were refused. I own 2 Colt 1911 ( gov model and custom shop) and they are amazing! I actually have & use three of those,(I had to modify its lower lug from Wilson/ Nowlin to Para.Clark with TIG weld), custom fitted w/ Evolution Gun Works (EGW) bushings + Wilson.Combat #4 links, with awsome results. Scared him 1/2 to death at a Dennys one day. And of course, all of the preceding is fitted by one of Wilson Combats skilled smiths, using CNC-machined internal parts, and the entire package dehorned. Tanfoglio makes a modern double-action handgun chambered in .38 Super. Ted Hinton, in his book Ambush, declares that two of the Colt automatics at the ambush were .38 Supers. Hamer also took off his own coat and displayed the weapon that he was still authorized to carry in retirement as a Special Ranger employed by the Texas Oil Company. Got my Star in 1970 and the Colt in the early 1980s. Range Time I couldnt ask for more. There were several reasons why the .38 Super didnt take off as Colt hoped it would. The rifle was modified to accept a police only 15-round magazine. By any standard, the caliber and the 1911 handgun are excellent defensive or tactical choices. Fact is, its like the .357 magnum or at least the .357 SIG in 1911s. I have that love very much I shoot it in bulleye comp at 50 feet it is great but I need brass for my gun if any body has some get me I will pay for it thank you all. Texas Ranger Colt .45; Texas Ranger Matt Cawthon's M1911; The Guns of the Dillinger Gang; WWI Navy and Marine 1911's; Historic 1911 Pistol Visual Display; Historical Articles On The M1911 Pistol . The 38 Super fills the bill here. Hinton requested a BAR because he knew that the lawmen would be up against more than one BAR that Barrow had stolen from a National Guard armory and with which Barrow had already gunned down several peace officers. I bought a RIA 1911 in .38 super because everybody has a 1911 in .45. Im not exactly a 9mm or .45 fan either. It was my Grandfathers gun and one of my favorite in the gun safe. Disenchanted with the Democratic Party, Coke Stevenson supported Republicans for the rest of his life, including John Tower for the Senate and Nixon and Goldwater for the presidency. Black ruled that the federal district court lacked jurisdiction and that the question was for the Central Committee to decide. This is where I am supposed to say, and the result was the Wilson Combat Texas Ranger Model. Well, not exactly, as I found out when I requested one. Four of his five brothers also became Texas Rangers. The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site Help; Remember Me? . per page . But read the ballistics on the 38 Super and the info on Genitron: 1350fps with 500ftlbs in a 124 grain, half the recoil in a 1911 govt. COLT 1911 45 ACP STAINLESS . Ironically, I do. Gun #: 962326740. The .45 SAA Colt was a mainstay until John Browning completed his 1911 project. I find very few people casually shoot the Super. Long story short, its a cool OLD round thats still relevant among competition shooters. The Combat Commander 45 ACP pistol on the right includes a nickel engraved finish and custom silver grips. For more information, please call our knowledgeable staff about our Colt guns today at (877) 214-9327 or feel free to send us email inquiry at info@collectorsfirearms.com. Lastly, a coated Speed Chute mag well was added to smooth-out reloads. As long as I do my bit, its a straight shooter. After the Hollywood version of Bonnie and Clyde, Mrs. Frank Hamer and Frank Hamer, Jr., sued Warner Bros.-Seven Arts for the defamatory manner in which the movie depicted the famous lawman. The .38-caliber revolver taped to Bonnie Parkers inner thigh when she and Clyde Barrow were killed by a Texas posse in 1934 has been made federally compliant and will be auctioned later this week. Ted Kennedy be damned. Shop 38 super pistols online at Hinterland Outfitters from brands like Armscor, EAA, Colt, Dan Wesson, and many more! Out of stock. He and forty other Rangers resigned to avoid serving under Ma Ferguson. At the time, you had to know not to fire a .38 Super in older Colt 1903 pistols. It features straight-to-the-rear trigger compression, a low bore axis, a grip that fits most hands well, and excellent speed into action. first time i fired it i couldnt believe how flat shooting it is. Bonnie and Clyde Director Arthur Penn Dies at Age 88, Guns of outlaws Bonnie and Clyde to be auctioned. Its previous owner was a Texas county sheriff. Governor Moody dispatched more National Guard units and martial law was in effect from May 10 until May 24. I have three .38 Supers, a Star, Colt 1911 Govt and Kimber Gold Match SE II from their custom shop. My latest purchase was a Nighthawk Custom that I ordered, and they made me, in 38 Super. The Ranger Connection We used to do some long-range shooting with handguns when I was in college. Throwback Thursday: Does Anyone Still Use the .38 Super? They cost me $35.00 a box, so $105.00 is nothing to sneeze at. Great shooter with all loads but it really shines with the 124 gr. , https://www.texasranger.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Firearms-Colt-Super38-1024x671.jpg. I have been reloading .38 Super since 1982 and find it to be a great round, very accurate and hits harder than 9mm. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. Picked up 150 Rounds of 38 Super by mistake. Hughes trial was scheduled for trial within a week and a mob gathered outside the jail every night. The third reason springs from a fortunate experiment done by a friend of mine in 1939 on a dare. This is an easier cartridge to master than the .45 and has two more rounds of magazine capacity. This example comes with a handmade tooled holster from the period. One is a Taurus and the other is a Colt. Please be respectful of others. Barrel is 5-1/8 inches. The polished blued finish is accented by a bordered golden rampant colt, Texas flag, and vine and leaf engravings, pairing a timeless elegance with . I figured that if you go oddball with the Super, why go very normal with a 1911? It was customized with Wilso Combat grip safety, skelontized trigger and green fiber optic front sight. On the morning of May 23, 1934, when my father and the officers with him in Louisiana killed Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker, a notarized letter written by Hamer on the gun reads. It has been completely revamped and updated for accuracy and clarity. After shooting it, I wanted a smaller grouping and purchased a Bar-Sto barrel and bushing, when they were still located in Southern California. This firearm is classified as a Curio & Relic. Bill Wilson and Trace understood this, and Wilson had a simple solution: Offer each Ranger any 1911 Wilson Combat made, modified as they requested, but with special Texas Ranger markings. Thus, Johnson was off the ballot in the general election unless Johnson could do something quickly. I agree the .38 Super is a fine round in the FWC but I would definitely like to try the standard rounds as well. For most of my life, old-timers and shooters have called the cartridge the .38 Super and the handgun the Super .38.The proper name is the .38 ACP Super. I usually carry the handgun with Wilson Combat magazines. Required fields are marked *. recoil spring and a shock-buff. Ben in Arizona. The result? Serial # 16205 Manufactured in 1891. Every man in the West wanted one. At about 9:15 AM just after the thundering torrent of lead subsided, Frank Hamer, Sr. approached the 1934 Ford V8 with his 1911 style .38 Super drawn. In 1948, Stevenson led the Democratic primary with 39.7% to 33.7% against Lyndon B. Johnson. In addition, it includes a custom serial number and a commemorative coin with a pouch. Some big news for trigger pullers recently from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. Where in AZ do you live? I enjoyed my super so much the other 3 went in the safe and stayed there till now. 13 Kathleen J. Hoyt, historian, to Colt Company, July 26, 1993. There in the case was a Kimber Pro Carry II in stainless, she was a beauty to say the least. Hamer stuffed a blue steel Colt commercial automatic in his belt and it is this gun that is most interesting to this writer. Very accurate and reasonable in handling recoil. Well, my grouping sucked. This style of barrel also puts a bit more weight forward in the gun. Tactical Life Gun Magazine: Gun news, gun reviews and gun magazines for gun enthusiasts, military and law enforcement, You use of this website constitutes and manifests your acceptance of our, ENTER TO WIN > Free Gun Friday for your chance to WIN the SIG Sauer P320 AXG Legion and Black Hills HoneyBadger Ammo, VIDEO: Shoot SIG Brings Competition Shooting Accessibility to All, Tested: The Volquartsen Mamba-X .22 LR Competition Pistol, Black Creek Labs MRX Bronco, TRX Bronco Hunter Rifles, CMP Surplus Ammo Coming Soon in M2 Ball, .30 Carbine & More, The Premier Body Armor Vertx Collaboration Adds More Options, VIDEO: Police Snipers Train for Super Bowl LIV With .50 BMG, More, The MAUSER 98 125th Anniversary Limited-Edition Series, FIRST LOOK: Glock Just Very Quietly Unveiled the New Glock 47 Pistol, Police Sidearms: The Handguns of Americas 10 Largest Departments, Active School Shooter Training: 14 Key Points to Consider, 5 Strategies For Effectively Completing a Tactical Reload, FIRST LOOK: Colt CBX Precision Chassis Rifle Ready to Compete & Win, 5 Common Myths on How to Survive a Gunfight, Understanding Stand Your Ground Laws and Castle Doctrine, Long-Distance Shooting: 5 Must-Know Tips For Spotters & Shooters, IMPACT Experience Events Redefine Your Long-Range Shooting Limits, Sniper Skills: Taking Your Shooting Precision to the Next Level. A .38 Super fired in a .38 ACP could prove disastrous. Has been in my hip for nearly 20 years loaded with 125 gr Silvertips. It is made to use Colt 38 Colt Model 1889 U.S. Navy Revolver. Full Details. They took the opportunity to upgrade the performance of the .38 ACP. I shoot 38 super in a RIA 1911 that my gunsmith set up In 1911, Hamer started working as a special investigator in Houston. It is possible to handload a 115-grain bullet to over 1,400 fps and a 124-grain JHP to a solid 1,350 fps. You can also crank it up quite hot. Both use the same Wilson I have several 1911s and handguns whose calibers run the gamut from .22 through .45 ACP But my .38 Super is by far my smoothest, easiest and most comfortable handgun I own, hands down. The town had seen over one hundred men killed in shootouts but the town became tame while Hamer was the city marshal. Fortunately, the Texas Ranger Museum and Hall of Fame in Waco, Texas would prove to be a valuable resource. I fit a Super 38 barrel to it and a 1lb. Nor could Browning have anticipated the affinity the Texas Rangers would develop for his slab-slided handful of firepower soon after its introductionor Bill Wilsons 60 years later. Trace made a good choice with the Professional! On April 21, 1906, Hamer enlisted as a Texas Ranger. Find the best prices on used Colt handguns and rifles for sale online at Guns.com. Regular Price Oak Hill Price Cash Price. I dont need it for a semi-auto, I need it for a revolver.. Cabelas sales are final, so what do I do now? From what I have read, 1911s in .38 Super were the most popular contraband in Obamas Fast and Furious debacle. Colt was discontinuing the long-serving .38 ACP automatic and wished to introduce a mid bore to replace it. My father said that one reason she had the gun taped to the inside of her leg was that, in those days, no gentlemen officer would search a woman where she had it taped Sometime later, my father gave this gun to Buster Davis who had been a Texas Ranger and was, at the time, an FBI Agent..

Special Assistant Attorney General Mississippi, Italian Charms Shop, Articles C

colt 38 super texas ranger