angeles crest highway death

2005 ford five hundred shuts off while driving

your side mirror is on fire! I then saw the smoke billowing to the left (a strong afternoon breeze was blowing north). Drove for approx 10 miles and then it started running rough again and appeared to be losing power. And I dont know what to do about this problem. Not only was it annoying, but I could not see my speed nor my gas gauge. If you are in drive and put it into park the rpm will also surge as high as 2500. I am so glad my baby and kindergartener weren't in the car at this time! Ask your Ford dealer. install it and then test the new PCM. Mechanic suggested I try putting claim in with insurance company since it involved computer burn but they said mechanical problem was the cause so no coverage. Days lights flicker. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the wrench warning indicator illuminated as the vehicle stalled. This guide will show you the quickest and easiest way to rest the ECU in a Toyota. After reading these comments, I fear driving it, if it starts. The vehicle has not been repaired. At the time no warning lights. My 2006 Ford Five Hundred is surging there's no power it stumbles shuts off. Was going to take it to the mechanic on Monday and the car just died. I looked on here and it seems a lot of Escapes have the same problem. Shutting off while driving! While driving approximately 40 mph, all of the gauges on the instrument cluster stopped functioning and displayed readings of zero. My daily drive is turnpike 70 mph. Continued to drive and the instrument cluster began working a few moments later. It doesn't matter if I'm driving fast on the freeway or slowing down to a stop. Since I have been reading up on the issue I noticed that there was a letter sent out to owners of my model which I did not receive. Ford House Said The Fuel Pump Was Bad Where Is The Fuel Pump Located In A 2000 Ford Excursion V10. Once again..$120 EACH or about $750 at their prices. I then replaced a coil pack. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. This happened 3-4 times until I could move to the next light and stop and go through the whole process all over again. Wad driving fine for 5 days. I wasing a were there was a recall on my care untell someone told me. The vehicle was not repaired. Have replaced all parts suggested by codes. The contact stated that at times when the vehicle was stopped at a traffic light, it would accelerate slowly upon take-off. Starts doing this as soon as the car is started. Now driving back to normal. I had my Ford 500 3mos, at first all dash board lights would go outand maybe come back on the same day. There was bumper to bumper traffic on a hot day. The batt light goes on and the entire instrument cluster (spedo fuel turbo temp etc ) shuts off .. when it's off the climate control won't work and the sun roof won't work . The mechanic told me this might just be a one time glitch. I have owned my 2006 Ford 500 for 5 yrs and have had and issue for the last 2 yrs. Update from Aug 8, 2014: we received our repair slip estimated at 6,000.00 For Computer, 6 coils , 6 spark plugs , 3 cats , gaskets and labor. I recently bought a 2005 Ford Escape. only code that comes up is number 6 injector. There was no power steering and I believe I could have had an accident if I wasn't strong enough to turn the steering wheel in order to get off the road. Until this point I had considered a Ford F-150 as a viable option for a new car. I dont feel safe driving my car I put 2000 dollars of work and still do not feel save. COME ON CAR COMPLAINTS MAKE THEM HELP US. This process repeats on and off over time. When the car comes to a natural stop and you were lucky enough to survive the situation, Shift the gear from D to P and turn the ignition you are back on the road again.. by racingrush Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:59 am, Post Engine light, oil light and something else came on. And that will cause a big wreck and maybe kill myself or worst someone else. After placing fuel in the vehicle, white smoke emerged from the engine compartment. So many people have blown thousands on parts because of this. Looking at it, I could see it was the security light on the bottom side of the mirror; it was completely melted and fused to the mirror housing- a bubbly mess of plastic. The vehicle was not further repaired. I restarted the engine and 'limped' homein second gear. When you start the car and let it set it will run for a few minutes then shut off. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. Anyone know of recalls to this problem? I had to carpool for about a week, and the warranty did not cover the problem. They said it was bad ignition coil packs. every now and then truck shuts off while driving. This happens at different times of day and seems to be more often when it is warmer. Vehicle then began showing random warning lights including "check engine", which was diagnosed first time as low fuel level sensors a & b. About a month later, I was coming home from WalMart and was at a stop when the car cut off. Part of an ongoing series of issues with this vehicle (see earlier reports), initial symptom was the dash lights & needles shutting off intermittently (but now for extended periods). Apparently this is a ongoing problem with these vehicles. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five hundred. Now the car is sitting in my garage because of the fuel pump not functioning and does not make that sound anymore when you turn the key on. Service Engine light then came on and so I got it started again and took it immediately to the nearest auto shop. While braking, the car will lurch and I mean really jump forward (or also in reverse) while rpm's surge/rev extremely high causing me to press very,very hard on the brakes at times slamming down to keep the car from going out of control by itself. Replaced rail sensor (code it threw) fuel relay, fuel filter, and fuel pump. I think corrective action should be taken towards a resolution. While reversing my car it will all of a sudden accelerate quickly on its own, I immediately step on the brakes and my car stalls. 2005 Ford Five Hundred Asked by Shanae8 in Chesterfield, VA on August 01, 2016 I had my Ford 500 3mos, at first all dash board lights would go outand maybe come back on the same day. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnosis where the vacuum operative valve behind the throttle body was replaced. Borrowed a car AGAIN. But the alternate is putting our 14.2 at idle.when this issue happens every accessory shuts down except headlights and the engine. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for a diagnosis. Tried to start 2 times for about 10 sec. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Reverse lights and brake lights constantly on on the exterior of the vehichle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. I was in a lot of traffic, 2 lanes and I was in the left lane. Car stalls while driving. You dont have lots of cute thingies on the keychain do you? " All the issues pointed @ a PATS problem. 5.4 shutting off while driving. Updated 03/24/lj 2006 Ford Five Hundred. Worst car ive ever bought second major incident that has happend since I got yhe car. Members can start their own topics & subscribe to topics by tmac1180 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:20 pm, You need to be a member in order to post a reply, Not a member? I guess you have to change both pumps so that the left pump will know what the right pump is doing. Initially said it was the throttle senor for a cost of $300. on October 19, 2016. The dealer cleaned the throttle body to remedy the failure, but the failure recurred approximately one year later. bumpy road ) its now done it 5 times, Ford looked at it once and drove it for 20 miles, said they couldnt recreate the problem, has anyone experianced anything of . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. I got it back and it was still sputtering and then the check engine light came on again. With no power steering, I had to pull over quickly in lunchtime traffic. Still no fix. An estimate for me was $900 from my mechanic. Once they got the engine codes " reloaded " and tried to start it..guess what4 coils were blown out and the car would barely run. I was driving to work this morning. Every time, the car comes to stop or dies on me. The problem might be with a defective crankshaft position sensor. While driving the dash board goes dead and all of the gauges go to zero. all problems of the 2007 Ford Five Hundred I was able to get stopped, put car in park to prevent rolling backwards, turned the car off and restarted. This is dangerous; unable to tell speed! Oil and brake light illuminate constantly. The manufacturer was notified of the failures, but no solution was offered. I replaced the fuel filter one time that is underneath the car. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 2006 F150 5.4 Sputtering - New thread CONDENSED, https://www.morepowertuning.com/how-to-idle-relearn. You must be able to get it stopped on the side of the road and shut the car off and then restart it to correct the problem for a short period of time. SET YOUR VEHICLE Get an exact fit for your 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Make Model. The car will just shut down all lights except headlights and it will still run. Pull over, read owner's manual. Pulled over and shut car off and restarted it again a few minutes later and everything was fine. Can I Just Install A Fuel Pump Outside The Tank? This is dangerous as it almost caused an accident by jerking backward immediately when I shifted to reverse when I was in the parking lot- my foot was on the brake and the car still excelled. My car is fine and then I go to start the car it won't start. This has happened about 7 times now. Our harness is an upgraded, direct replacement for the GM 15862656 and the AC Delco PT2195. Have run code in my car and only code is p0193 fuel rail pressure sensor. All the alarms went off and the check engine light came on before the power failed. Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 AT 7:47 PM. The technician stated that the motor mount would need to be replaced. So now I'm still paying the loan on it while it sits in shop waiting for the part. I can't keep buying and replacing coils on this thing since it's not paid off and in my bankruptcy I can't trade it in either. I had it towed to the shop and low and behold it is the computer and catalytic converter so far and the mechanic states he hasn't seen anything like this since car is in good shape. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Suppose I was going 60mph, I would have lost control of the vehicle. The transmission disengages at various speeds even on the interstate at 55+ mph causing it to lose power. Code is p0191, replaced fuel pump and inertia switch as suggested in tsb. Also will start bucking and shut off. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. Then I wrote them a letter and here is the last line of the letter they sent me " Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Co. We are sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. The most expensive option available on the Five Hundred is all-wheel drive, but for $1,700 you get sure-footed traction for inclement weather and for mild off-pavement excursions as well as a continuously variable transmission, or CVT, that provides seamless operation and 19 mpg in town and 26 on the open road. Without touching the gas my 2005 Ford Five Hundred lunged at the building as if the throttle was stuck wide open! all problems of the 2005 Ford Five Hundred I was not driving fast < 30 MPH. They have to bleed off a certain amount of propane each time when finished filling a tank. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five hundred. The vehicle was totaled by the insurance company. 05 500 Limited, AWD, CVT Amp and 2, 12 inch boomers in the trunk. Bought car used, 117,551 miles 8/08/18. Recalls need to be put into place before someone dies! Because of the many possible causes, it is important to diagnose it properly. It has recurred a few times, its most noticeable after dark as dash lights go black. The car rolls under its mass. To perform this procedure, a Toyota hand-held . The manufacturer was notified of the defect. I had the car a year and have not got to drive it. I am now relatively convinced that I will not be persuaded to buy another Ford in the foreseeable future, until they learn that they must keep pace with foreign competition on quality and engineering. Last week I was driving down my street and the engine stalled. The oil has been changed, air filter, radiator fluid, battery good. Battery just goes dead over night. Since I bought my car in 2007 I am on my 4th battery. At first I thought it may be the battery, which would also cause the car to die. If the key is not removed, it will not restart. How to ditch your carrrrr. It should never be in control of moving by itself when the brakes are applied. ". all problems of the 2007 Ford Five Hundred The contact owns a 2006 Ford Five Hundred. Here is the fix, ford has to fuel pumps, under the rear seat there two openings, driver side is called a left pump, not available at any parts store, dealer or salvage. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. I can fix the ford 500 at 4 days of replacing parts and research I added throttle body and sensor, gas pedal, map sensor, fuel rail sensor, plugs, intake gasket, egr, removed the entire exhaust system and removed the inside of the converter in front of the muffler and made sure exhaust was totally clear, new fuel filter, new fuel pump. [By the way it was also sputtering}. Upon initial inspection I fount the car was throwing the code p0351 I cleared all faults and problem went away weks went by and problem started again but more sever during normal operation the car started shaking and shifting erratic I then came upon some k formation as to a recall Ford put in place stating improper calibration of pcm and tcm cause unnecessary interaction I the electrical system and malfunction of the vehicle. About 10 minutes later after a full stop the vehicle had another acceleration while foot on brake and the vehicle stalled out. Code is p0191, replaced fuel pump and inertia switch as suggested in tsb. In addition, the vehicle would suddenly stall and the fail safe engine sensor indicator illuminated on several occasions. This is dangerous and should be an electrical recall. At the time I chalked it up to being low on gas, although according to the gauge I still had a few gallons left. Thank God it was all down hill. I was in drive but foot on brake! The problem was supposed to be addressed for free per r12n03. Ask your Ford dealer. I have also found numerous other complaints on various blogs, forums, and other sites. Finally got on the highway and got home. I am worried that my car will give out again like this resulting in an accident. Ford Five Hundred Vehicles With This Problem 3 model years affected 2005, 2006, 2007 Average mileage: 126,054 (1-300,000) Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing : $88 -$111 The average cost for a Ford Five Hundred Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing is between $88 -$111. Then instrument panel speedometer goes black, if you got the dash it comes back on the battery got completely drained bought a new one. No hint that there was a problem before major mechanical problem. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. Back of me car did same thing. Engine light, oil light and something else came on. after I was happy that it had crunk up an was running again, so I changed it imediately and crank it up and same thing happens again. statistics and reliability analysis of Ford Five Hundred based on all problems reported for the Five Hundred. It smelled of acrid, melted plastic and burned electronics. WHAT???? There are other things to be aware of that could explain the P2285 (Low ICP pressure) code. We have replaced the fuel pump and spark plugs. Now saying it's the pcm shutting the car off. No lights and not running rough. See One day in June I was pulling up to a store parking space rolling roughly 5mph. Turns on and off intermittently. My daughter managed to get car off the road. This was the first of many times this occurred! There is something mechanically wrong with this car. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. Replaced computer, wiring harness, alternator (because diagnostic report showed problem), 3 coils bad, replaced all 6. I have had myself and two other mechanics working on this thing.. Cars have become way overly complicated and in so become very untrustworthy. Tl-the contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. FORD Motor Company should take this problem into account and call this model cars for recall. I bought it about a year ago from someone and they were swapping the motors out at the time the car ran fine just had a knock in the motor is what I was told. I have to be extra careful while driving as I am afraid for acceleration and stalling out in the middle of the road. The ecu was replaced approximately three times but the failure persisted. If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net! After stopping the car, I waited a few seconds and restarted it. Well, I was driving to work as I do every day when all of the sudden I heard a "Pop" and my engine just stalled. The dealer was not contacted and the manufacturer was not notified of the failure. Oil was present in the engine and no other major issues seemed to be present before this one. What was upsetting is that this is a common problem for this year of Escapes. Ask your Ford dealer. The vehicles electronics completely shut off while driving at freeway speeds. Seemed just fine. So, OPTION B.spend $200 for the used cable, let the Ford tech. Luckily there were no other cars near me. Dealer wants $950 to replace throttle body. 3 Recalls for 2005 FORD Five Hundred Escape had not exhibited any issues going home. After all of this car still gave check engine and wrench light and car still stalled out and had no power. After researching the internet, I have come to find that this is a common occurrence with Ford and an announced recall should be implemented immediately. Before I buy another vehicle, I'll be sure to check online to discover how well the manufacturer took care of problems. That shop showed me a Ford technical Service Bulletin on this issue but the dealership refused to help, The check engine light came on the next day.but I was out of money. Now it cuts off while driving and reverse light on while dash is out 0 replies Report Answer Get it fixed today at a shop near you The contact did not take the vehicle to a dealer or local mechanic for diagnosis or repairs. Had the battery reset had no impact on the problems I would say it's a mechanical matter, but it seems clear its a computer or electrical issue. Without much confidence, they returned the car to me and said they could not replicate the problem. I have a 2007 Ford Five Hundred with 21K miles. Drive foot on brake, rpms shot up engine reeves cat lunged forward I pressed harder in brake almost hit person. I will never buy another Ford vehicle ever again!!!!!! It's in perfect condition except for one thing. Isn't Ford a big enough company to take care of this instead of ignoring it? The failure mileage was 83,000. So yet 1 more call to my daughter for 4 coils at her discounted employee pricing. Looking forward to the class action to recover the cost of repairs. Once stalled out the computer displayed the following error "fail safe engine". Tl- the contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. I was driving on freeway to pick my child from daycare when all the sudden the car stalled out. The failure mileage was 75,000 and the current mileage was 134,000. Did not fix problem. I had my air conditioner on and we were only traveling at 5-10 mph. Please note that whenever the vehicle is on park and put into reverse, the higher acceleration takes place. When I am in park or neutral my motor makes a ticking noise. It took at least three tries to get the truck restarted. I can be doing 10mph n go to turn a corner n it shuts off. It was very cold and snowy out. JavaScript is disabled. I Have A 1994 Ford Explorer Xlt 4wd 6 Cyl, That Is Not Wanting To Start, It Has 1/4 Tank Of Gas; The Engine Tries To Kick Over But It Is https://www.2carpros.com/articles/symptoms-of-a-bad-crankshaft-sensor, https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement. While driving dash lights, speedometer, tachometer, gas level, and temperature go out for several minutes at a time. I managed to get it to my mechanic. it could have resulted in the rapid spread of a fire that would quickly overtake the vehicle. Expect the throttle body needs to be replaced but don't want to spend any more money on "diagnostics" when Ford knows this is a problem part and they need to stand behind it!!!!! [DROF_3380] 02 Ford Excursion Fuse Diagram Fuse Diagram - OSSIE. Had to put my hazards on and try to restart car, restarted and then as soon as I put it into drive it stalled again. good luck OEM pedal sensor or aftermarket? Tl the contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. At the very least, get a hold of a diagnostic scanner, plug it into the OBD-II connector (located under the dash to the left of the steering column), and get any codes that are stored. CK Engine light came on and started flashing. See HELP. Other times, it would not work at all. I was stopped at an intersection. They could not get any codes out of it so then the guessing game started. . In this case, it's usually fuel. Your Focus's engine needs three things to run properly; air, fuel, and spark. The approximate failure mileage was 250,000. . I then pull over wait for 10 seconds to 2 min and it starts back up. I am very good to my car so now what. Our car stalls while driving. Car shuts off while driving down the road. When I first start my car its slow to give power, often when I drive it on the street itll just lose complete power and die down. Can seem to run fine, be in the middle of an intersection and the car shut off and wouldnt restar good thing I can drive and knew what to do or I would have crashed numerous times. The previous two other times I was going full speed on the freeway, when the engine just shut-off. The most recently reported issues are listed below. This car is still under warranty and had all its 5K maintenance serviced from the FORD workshop!!! Or maybe your engine just randomly turns off for no reason. If your motor runs fine and suddenly dies, one of these three things is abruptly taken away. We have since talked to several Ford dealers including Ford motor company , they all said it was our responsibility to fix the problem. Now it cuts off while driving and reverse light on while dash is out, See More 2005 Ford Five Hundred Questions, Why is my rear passenger side tire sitting wrong after I changed my breaks, what causes fuel pressure sensor to fail repeated, why are my electronics in my 2006 ford five hundred diming and going bright again when i press the throttle, Battery Cable Battery Terminal End Service, Powertrain Control System Diagnosis & Testing. Shuts Off While Driving An engine that stalls while driving and then starts back up again, either immediately or after a short time is different from an engine that just wont start or if the. by Cuda_jim Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:50 am, Post To restart, must shut car off, key out and it will restart. Ford knew that they put the wrong spark plugs in a number of 2005 & 2006 models including mine. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. I have a 2006 mustang that within the last six months has started to shut off while I'm driving. I was in heavy traffic and the car just stalled out on me while sitting at a light. Waited 2 min. I was not driving fast < 30 MPH. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 121,000. The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. This is the third time that this has happened. Just bought a used Escape in August, everything checked out ok. This is a fantastic car! Ford should have a recall on this issue! Would start up but could not go over 10 miles per hour. Ask your Ford dealer. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000. !!! I own a 2005 Ford Five Hundred there was a recall in 2012 on the throttle body, a Ford dealer supposably cleaned the throttle body, well now its not driveable. The next day I took it to the Ford dealership and the wrench light and check engine came on. If it is wet, your egr cooler has failed. The vehicle that I have is a 2005 Ford F-150 4x4 with a 5.4 litre engine. I will check into it. Got it installed, volt/ohm tested the harness and also tested the new PCM and everything looked good. Anybody have any input??? Although the car is ten years old now, it is really very low in mileage so as to face this kind of problem. It was very unsafe. Said failsafe mode then check engine light illuminated, dash board said check engine check transmission then the light went out the following day. I will not be buying a Ford ever again. I had my foot on the brake, I was about to stop. After doing an online review I noticed that many other Ford Five Hundred owners having the same issue and seems to be caused by "throttle body". All of a sudden my car stopped running while in gear. brakes, steering (cant say about lights as my experiences were in the daylight only). I have been reading a lot on this car and its problems people have come into and wonder why no recall has been issued. Search: 2005 Chevy Silverado Blower Motor Resistor. The guy at the dealership wasn't helpful or friendly. The vehicle had not been repaired. Sometimes the abs light comes on before it shuts off. If this is happening to Explorers, Freestyles, Mustangs and many other makes and models maybe the throttle body assembly was made by the same mfg. The engine was still running and would accelerate. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more! 2005 Ford Five Hundred Engine Stopped Running While Driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was awaiting a full diagnosis of the failure. It should be a recall major safety violation. My car has roughly 62,000 miles on it. The approximate failure mileage was 55,000. They get two codes that come up which they then in turn say that it is the throttle actuator and or the throttle sensor and/or the throttle body that needs replaced. I purchased the car used with the understanding that it had some issues with a misfire. Instrument cluster not working. Only had the car for five months driving doen the street the check engine light came out car stopped in the middle of the street with my children in it and wouldn't start up. The time yesterday, I was in a residential area, so I was not going that fast. I was 80 miles from home when the engine shut off. I coasted to a stop and restarted the car. I mean it can't be normal wear and tear or for that matter why did I have notice of a problem from my system check. Had This Problem Approx 1 Yr Ago. While driving approximately 50 mph, the contact stated that the vehicle stalled. The battery will just die and stop holding a charge. Only light on dash was the airbag light. When I ok'd that repair, the dealership called back later and stated it was the entire throttle body and repair would come at a cost of $1000. Ford should be very glad that there was not an accident at 70 mph. Total repair cost $2,700. The failure and current mileage was 138,000. I was driving 35mph and all of a sudden my car had no power, I gave it gas and it would growl but no power. 2005 Ford Five Hundred Engine Stopped Running While Driving. the contribution test injector is firing right. I called Ford to let them know that this has happened 4 times now and it is a MAJOR safety issue! The contact continued to drive and the instrument cluster began working a few moments later. The vehicle would then be towed to an authorized dealer where they were always unable to diagnose the failure. I bought from original owner, low mileage (they upgraded). The fire destroyed the left front engine area. Then starts back up? Shutting off while driving! Marcus, the service manager informed me a new wiring harness was now needed since the original one was melted by the PCM shorting out. I feel the cost of replacement (as well as a diagnosis fee) should not be absorbed by the consumer for something that is not normal maintenance for the vehicle!. Once the vehicle was restarted, it began to jerk when accelerated. I reported it to Ford, and got a nice complaint number. The Engine Will Turn Over But It Will 1994 Motorhome Fuel Pump In Tank Is Bad. .Started up to drive home started & chugged, stepping on gas has no effect. problems related to electrical system (under the electrical system category).

What Does Shaky Mean On Wild 'n Out, Alexander Family Mecklenburg County, Florida Man September 5, 2005, Articles OTHER

2005 ford five hundred shuts off while driving