pygmy goats for sale in central illinois

curtis mayfield superfly vinyl

Does anyone know anything about this? Super Fly is the thirdstudio albumby American soul musicianCurtis Mayfield, released in July 1972 on Curtom Records. Verified purchase: Ranked at no. Something went wrong submitting the contact form. Curtis Mayfield's border-transcending Super Fly is much more than a soundtrack to a cutting-edge blaxploitation film. Unable to add item to List. Yes Should you have an issue of any kind, rest assured we're here to make it right! 50th Anniversary Expanded Set Featuring Bonus Tracks! Title:Curtis Mayfield - Superfly Deluxe 394318125915. No non-fill issues on mine either. One of the best and most influential soundtracks in music history! to a weird film about a normal housefly what gets in an accident with some radioactive stuff and develops superpowers, like being able to bowl out Paul Collingwood and fit seventeen Pringles in his gob. For more recent exchange rates, please use the. Price guide for collectable Vinyl Records, CDs, Cassettes, Reel-to-reel tapes, 8-Track cartridges, MiniDiscs and more! Curtis Mayfield - Superfly [OST] [50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition] (Vinyl LP) - Amoeba Music Home Superfly [OST] [50th. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Free shipping for many products! Curtis Mayfield: Super Fly (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) LP Vinyl VG/VG+ | Music, Vinyl Records | eBay! Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Free shipping for many products! Music Direct will contact you with shipping charges for these addresses. It was on latenight TV. TO MY KNOWLEDGE, CURTIS LEE MAYFIELD NEVER WON A GRAMMY(HE DESERVEDLY RECEIVED A LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD)FOR THIS LANDMARK SOUNDTRACK. Primarily singing in a light falsetto that underscores the conflicting feelings of sympathy, anger, sadness, sensuality, toughness, desperation, and fear harbored by the protagonists, the Chicago native dispenses hard truths and critical perspectives without ever preaching or taking sides. There was a power in the syncing of this excellent music performance. THIS IS A SHAME. Curtis Mayfield's score for Superfly was not only his greatest album but is one of the greatest soul albums of the renaissance of black music in the late sixties and early . THE SING-SONG NURSERY RHYMES OF "PUSHERMAN" WAS VERY SLICK AND VERY CLEVER(NO ONE COULD HAVE DONE IT ANY BETTER). Reviewed in the United States on February 28, 2021. . Check out the artwork and tracklist below, and browse the capsule collection at the Rhino label store. Avon; Clinique; Dove; Estee Lauder; Lancme; L'Oreal; Collectibles & Art Please use a different way to share. , Original Release Date , Number of discs LP, Vinyl record album LP, Vinyl record album LP.$6.99 The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. Get weekly rundowns straight to your inbox, Get our latest stories in the feed of your favorite networks. Curtis Mayfield - Superfly [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] 180 Gram. The original album lacquers were cut directly from the master analog tape source for the best possible sonic experience and the deluxe tip-on style packaging comes complete with never-before-seen photos, new liner notes, a fold out movie poster and an exclusive felt turn table mat. $27.95. Curtis Mayfield Super Fly Buddah Ys2750da Japan Obi Vinyl LP Sold for 66.66 USD on 01 Mar 2023. Curtis Mayfield - Superfly (The Original Motion (Vinyl) $33.49When purchased online In Stock Add to cart About this item Specifications Software Format: Vinyl music genre: R&B Record label: The Rouge Artist: Curtis Mayfield Street Date: August 26, 2022 TCIN: 87203223 UPC: 081227881511 Item Number (DPCI): 244-09-2605 Curtis Mayfield - Superfly (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 50th Anniversary [Deluxe Vinyl Edition] - Amazon.com Music bbanderic, Jul 27, 2022 #13 FashionBoy likes this. THIS SOUNDTRACK TO ME IS THE GREATEST SOUNDTRACK EVER, PERIOD. SuperFly quality cover. If you continue to see a shipping charge on your order, please check the exclusions listed below. - Speed : 33 RPM - Record Label : Curtom - Release Title : Super Fly - Material : Vinyl - Type : LP - Format : Record - Release Year : 1972 - Language : English - Record Size : 12" - Style : Classic R&B - Features : Original . Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly: Soundtrack: 50th Anniversary (ROG) (180g Vinyl 2LP) * * *, Decrease Quantity of Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly: Soundtrack: 50th Anniversary (ROG) (180g Vinyl 2LP) * * *, Increase Quantity of Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly: Soundtrack: 50th Anniversary (ROG) (180g Vinyl 2LP) * * *. Cut from the original masters. Exactly as advertised, prompt delivery too! Mayfield's creation stands as a fully realized track-by-track immersion into urban neighborhoods, mindsets, and lives that doubles as both boots-on-the-ground reportage and an emotionally loaded wake-up call. Original US Pressing. The limited-edition capsule. new THE MUSIC JUST GRIPS YOU THEN LEAVES YOU HANGING. 4. The deluxe vinyl edition will be available on August 26 at select retailers and includes bonus tracks, exclusive photos, a movie poster, and a turntable mat. Original album lacquers cut directly from the master analog tape source for the best possible sonic experience. Sponsored. From the film of the same name, it is one of the greatest albums ever. The music was exactly as I remember it very pleased with it five stars. Out of all the great music Mayfield wrote and performed during his career this album just has to be the highlight of that career. 180 gram remastered reissue. Curtis Mayfield, what can I say, couldn't do a thing wrong in my book. Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2022, Reviewed in the United States on October 3, 2022, Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2022, Reviewed in the United States on May 19, 2010. Pure quality from start to finish. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. Curtis Mayfield - Superfly 1990 - Used Vinyl Record 12 - C7700A Condition: Used "Vinyl in great shape just very light crackle noticeable in intros and outros but nothing to worry ". Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Orders will be held to ship all back ordered items together when they are all received in stock. This was the soundtrack to a film and holds the distinction of being one of the precious few sountracks to out gross the film it scored. , Label 9. Give Me Your Love (Love Song) Superfly The Soundtrack 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition, Two Headed Freap (Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series)[LP], We Get Requests (Verve Acoustic Sounds Series)[LP]. By Marc Myers. Die LP Curtis Mayfield: Filmmusik: Super Fly (O.S.T.) Backstage at a concert at New York's Lincoln Center he was approached by producer Sig Shore and screenwriter Phillip Fenty to write the score for their new film about a Harlem coke dealer. Superfly / Underground [p] 45 rpm, Motion Picture Soundtrack 1972 Vinyl 7" Curtom / CR 1978 Superfly / Eddie You Should Know Better 45 rpm 1972 Vinyl 7" Buddah / LL-2589-DA Superfly / Love to Keep You in My Mind 45 rpm 1972 Vinyl 7" Curtom / CR 1978 Superfly / Think 45 rpm 1972 Vinyl 7" Curtom / 610.103 Superfly / Eddie You Should Know Better Curtis Mayfield Ic - Superfly / Version - Used Vinyl Record 7 - E1450A. In this way Mayfield conveys unpleasant truths and critical perspectives without preaching or taking sides. Curtis Mayfield Superfly Soundtrack LP (2010) NEW/SEALED 180g Shrink Wrap Tear. Previous by Artist. BY REGISTERING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE REVIEWED AND AGREED TO THE. Free shipping for many products! See more Superfly by Curtis Mayfield (Record, 2010), - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly (Vinyl LP) 180gm NEW, cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. It was released as the soundtrack for the Blaxploitation film of the same name. Pressed By - Rainbo Records - S-72613 Credits Lacquer Cut By - RM * Notes Super Fly Motion Picture Soundtrack. - showing relevant, targeted ads on and off our web properties http://curtismayfield.com/Singer, guitarist, songwriter and producer, born 3 June 1942 in Chicago, Illinois, USA, died 26 December 1999 in Roswell, Georgia, . Nice red vinyl and a cool die-cut sleeve that folds over (just like the original). David Spinozza . , Manufacturer Saying no will not stop you from seeing our ads, but it may make them less relevant or more repetitive. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING IT(DIDN'T MISS ANYTHING) I GOT TO SEE THE MOVIE 10 YEARS AGO AND THE SOUNDTRACK BLOWS THE MOVIE OUT OF THE WATER. Rhino Records, Warner Records, Atlantic Records, Elektra Records catalog on sale now! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". US, Canada, and Mexico only. Mayfield became noted as one of the first musicians to bring more prevalent themes of social awareness into soul music. Mayfield won aGrammy Legend Awardin 1994 and aGrammy Lifetime Achievement Awardin 1995. Curtis Mayfield Super Fly (The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) 50th Anniversary Numbered Limited Edition 2LP Curtis Mayfield $39.99 Availability: In Stock SKU: ROGLP167 UPC: 081227881511 Current Stock: QTY: Add to Wish List Description Numbered, Limited Edition Double LP! Music Direct reserves the right to select the carrier and ship method within the terms of this offer. (Limited Numbered Edition) jetzt portofrei kaufen. Album in excellent playing condition considering the age of the album. The time was right for it: black films were just getting going after Cotton Comes To Harlem (1970) and Shaft (1971). 13.54. Welcome to this weeks (Saturday 4 March 2023) list of second-hand vinyl records. Amounts shown in italicized text are for items listed in currency other than U.S. dollars and are approximate conversions to U.S. dollars based upon Bloomberg's conversion rates. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for CURTIS MAYFIELD SUPERFLY VINYL RECORD at the best online prices at eBay! These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Fast Shipping, Curtis Mayfield Superfly Theme 45 RPM Single Record Curtom 1972 CR 1978 Y, yourfavoritecollectibles323 (5,045) 99.5%, Curtis Mayfield Super Fly Vinyl LP 1972 Curtom CRS-8014-ST die cut cover, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly - 1972 LP (CRS 8014) 70s Blaxploitation, Vintage Curtis Mayfield Superfly RSO Curtom 1972 Vinyl LP RS-1-3046 Sealed, Curtis Mayfield Super Fly LP, 1972 Buddah Records Vinyl, Curtis Mayfield / SUPER FLY / Original Soundtrack Vinyl LP / CRS-8014 ST VG/VG+, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] 180 Gram, - Curtis Mayfield - Superfly [Used Very Good Vinyl LP] 180 Gram, Curtis Mayfield Superfly (180 Gram Vinyl) Records & LPs New, - Curtis Mayfield Superfly (180 Gram Vinyl) Records & LPs New. He originally achieved success and recognition with the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame-inducted group, The Impressions, and later worked as a solo artist. THE ONLY LITTLE GRIPE I HAVE IS THAT "JUNKIE CHASE" IS TOO SHORT. I have never seen the movie "Superfly" itself and I am sure it is probably a good film but I have listened to the soundtrack for that film many times and it is always a pure joy to listen too. 180 gram remastered reissue. The Vinyl Factory Group, trading as: The Vinyl Factory, Vinyl Factory Manufacturing, Phonica Records, FACT Magazine, FACT TV, Spaces Magazine, Vinyl Space, and The Store X, uses cookies and similar technologies to give you a better experience, enabling things like: Vinyl: CURTIS MAYFIELD SUPER FLY BUDDAH YS2750DA JAPAN OBI VINYL LP No ratings . Limited and individually foil-stamp numbered. Tweet Superfly [OST] [180 Gram Vinyl] (LP) Curtis Mayfield Buy $29.98 SHIPS FREE in U.S. Track Listing Buy $29.98 SHIPS FREE in U.S. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Please try again and call our phone number if the issue persists. From the 1972 blaxplotation film of the same name, it is Curtis Mayfield with his high thin falsetto laying down the funk. THE ONLY MOVIES THAT WERE GOOD AND HAD GOOD SOUNDTRACKS WERE "CAR WASH"AND "NEW JACK CITY". , Package Dimensions Mayfield used the films script as a guide when writing the album, imbuing his lyrics with an added social consciousness and helping to cement his role as a leading cultural figure within the Civil Rights movement. Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman (Official Audio), The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars. Vehicle 7. Picture 1 of 1. Curtis had already left the Impressions and had made two albums in his solo career, Curtis and Roots. Please try again. Please try again. In 1965, he wrote ""People Get Ready"" for the Impressions, which displayed his more politically charged songwriting. Whether you have seen the film or if like me you have never seen "Superfly" I can highly recommend this album as pure enjoyment to listen to. And really you don't have to have seen the film to get down with the groove and soul of this album. That's The Way (I Like It) 9. Curtis Lee Mayfield (June 3, 1942 - December 26, 1999) was an American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer, and one of the most influential musicians behind soul and politically conscious African-American music. CURTIS MAYFIELD - Superfly: 50th Anniversary-180g 2xLP - Run Out Groove - SEALED - $67.81. *Ground shipping to the 48 contiguous states only (FPO/APO excluded). Curtis Mayfield- "Superfly" Original Soundtrack Vinyl LP RSO RS-1-3046 SEALED. Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly (VG+/VG+) $30. Le migliori offerte per Curtis Mayfield - Superfly [Edizione Deluxe] RARO fuori stampa set 2 CD '97 sono su eBay Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati Molti articoli con consegna gratis! 1 min read Curtis Mayfield 's estate is giving fans the gift of a lifetime for the 50th anniversary of his pioneering album, Super Fly. Widely considered a classic of 70s soul and funk, Super Fly was an immediate hit upon release. A great movie soundtrack and stand alone album. Curtis most iconic statement was the soundtrack to the blaxploitation film, Superfly; his third studio album that was released in July 1972. 1LP RED OPAQUE VINYL. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction with every order and back it up with our 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. 2x45rpm FS: MFSL Curtis Mayfield Super Fly. Free shipping for many products! Little Child Runnin Wild Curtis Mayfield - Superfly Deluxe (UK issue). First copy of this on vinyl for me so nothing to compare it to. I agree to receive personalized updates and marketing messages about Run Out Grove based on my information, interests, activities, website visits and device data. Curtis Mayfield Super Fly Orig superfly Vinyl LP 1972 CRS8014 film soundtrack! I remember the first time I saw the movie. Condition: From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Color of the record is stunning and comes with a poly-lined inner sleeve. : Great price, well packaged, speedy delivery. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Google, Snoop Dogg And Dr. Dres The Wash Film Being Turned Into TVSeries, Masego, WanMor, Yazmin Lacey, And More Keep Us Full With New R&BReleases, Jussie Smollett Appeals Conviction As Fox Unveils New Docuseries, Anatomy of aHoax, Tink Shares Dates For Thanks 4 EverythingTour, Lionel Richie Is Producing A Biopic On Curtis Mayfield. 2023 Vibe Media, LLC. As Mayfields third studio album, it ushered in a new era of socially conscious funk and soul musica natural extension of [his] leading role as a cultural voice of the Black Power movement and early involvement in the Civil Rights era the decade before.. Recorded in 1972 to coincide with Gordon Parks, Jr's movie about a dealer attempting to divorce himself from the urban underworld, Mayfield's brilliantly orchestrated set ignited an entire genre, expanded the scope of R&B, and spurred dialogues surrounding significant social issues ranging from the unvarnished consequences of hustling to the realities of African-American lives in America. Menu. Something went wrong. Dubbed the "Gentle Genius," he first achieved success and recognition with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted group The . The new collection features t-shirts, a hat, a keychain, and more with the signature Super Fly album logo. Title:Curtis Mayfield - Superfly Deluxe 394318125915. Amazon has encountered an error. , ASIN The gold vinyl reissue is initially being made available as a WalMart exclusive, with a wider deluxe box set edition which includes bonus tracks, exclusive photos, a movie poster, and a slipmat going on sale from other retailers from August 26th. It sold Curtis Mayfield's score for Superfly was not only his greatest album but is one of the greatest soul albums of the renaissance of black music in the late sixties and early seventies. Curtis Mayfields estate is giving fans the gift of a lifetime for the 50th anniversary of his pioneering album, Super Fly. This offer is not included on any shipments to FPO/APO addresses. : , Date First Available Widely considered a classic of 1970s soul and funk music, Super Fly was a nearly immediate hit. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. - ensuring secure, safe transactions As skillful as Mayfield's words remain, the music blows them away. Super Fly is the third studio album by American soul musician Curtis Mayfield, released in July 1972 on Curtom Records. Today's Song of the Day is Curtis Mayfield - Superfly . It was released as the soundtrack for the Blaxploitation film of the same name. Mobile Fidelity enough said no surface noise just pure sound of the best quality and a brilliant album buy it youll not be disappointed. Right Place Wrong Time 4. Picture Information. Super Fly (180 Gram Vinyl) 180 grams Curtis Mayfield (Artist) Format: Vinyl 34 ratings $3999 FREE Returns See all 6 formats and editions Audio CD $26.99 3 Used from $9.99 1 New from $26.99 Vinyl $39.99 1 Used from $59.99 2 New from $39.99 1 Collectible from $136.00 Frequently bought together Total price: Add all three to Cart Product details Junkie Chase Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Curtis Mayfield Super Fly CRS-8014-ST Orig LP at the best online prices at eBay! 8. Refresh your browser window to try again. How Much I Feel 6. Curtis Mayfield Super Fly, Original UK pressing 1972, Buddah Records, Curtis Mayfield *Super Fly *LP record *VG/VG *Curtom *CRS8014-ST *1972 *die cut, Curtis Mayfield - Superfly CRS 8014 ST OG 1st Stereo Funk/Soul Vinyl LP DieCut, CURTIS MAYFIELD: Superfly US 72 Custom Funk Soul Masterpiece VG/Ex Vinyl LP, Curtis Mayfield Superfly SEALED Limited Edition Orange Color Vinyl LP Die-Cut, thecatchallrecordsandcollectibles (1,713) 100%, CURTIS MAYFIELD SUPERFLY ICHIBAN RECORDS CEJC-1002 w/Obi LP Vinyl Japan, Curtis Mayfield Super Fly CRS-8014-ST SONIC PRESSING Die Cut Cover Jacket VG+, Superfly Soundtrack Curtis Mayfield 1972 Vinyl Curtom Records 1st Press, Curtis Mayfield-Superfly Reissue Colored LP EX, CURTIS MAYFIELD-SUPERFLY-UNDERGROUND-7" 45 RPM SINGLE-VINYL-PS-CURTOM-VG++, Curtis Mayfield Superfly MFSL 2-481 Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab MOFI 45 RPM #3529, - Curtis Mayfield Superfly MFSL 2-481 Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab MOFI 45 RPM #3529, Curtis Mayfield - Freddie's Dead (Theme From "Superfly") - 7" Vinyl Record - VG+, Soul 45 Curtis Mayfield - Superfly / Love To Keep You In My Mind On Curtom, Curtis Mayfield - 45RPM "Superfly" and "Love To Keep You On My Mind" VG+ F139, Curtis Mayfield Superfly Soundtrack Double LP Sealed Numbered Colored Vinyl, CURTIS MAYFIELD "Superfly (The Original MP Soundtrack)" LP 1972 Curtom VG+, Curtis Mayfield & Ice-T - Superfly 1990 Single Records Vinyl LP - (169), Curtis Mayfield Superfly Vinyl LP Curtom 1972 Stereo CRS-8014-ST, G+/VG-, Curtis Mayfield Superfly Vinyl LP US First Press Die Cut Sleeve CRS 8014-ST, CURTIS MAYFIELD /NILSSON /THE DOOBIE BROTHERS /THE WHO THAI EP 7" THAILAND 45RPM, Vintage Curtis Mayfield Superfly RSO Curtom 1972 Vinyl LP RS-1-3046, Curtis Mayfield Superfly LP die-cut OG Press Vinyl Film Soundtrack Funk 1972 VG+, Curtis Mayfield Superfly Vinyl LP Curtom 1972 Stereo CRS-8014-ST EX-VG+, Curtis Mayfield/Superfly/1972 OST LP/Die Cut Cover/Curtom CRS 8014-ST/ VG-/G-, CURTIS MAYFIELD SUPERFLY DIE CUT COVER 1972 12" SOUL FUNK LP VINYL ALBUM RECORD, Curtis Mayfield Superfly Soundtrack Double LP Colored Vinyl, SOUL-CURTIS MAYFIELD 1972 SUPERFLY 45rpm-CURTOM / BUDDAH # 1978-FREE SHIPPING, Curtis Mayfield: Superfly / Underground 7" Record 45 RPM, Soundtrack Theme, VG, CURTIS MAYFIELD - Superfly [O.S.T.] LikeWhat's Going On, the album was a surprise hit that record executives felt had little chance at significant sales. It ranks right up there with Hot Buttered Soul, What's Going On and Innervisions. The original rhino reissue from 2009 had the original packaging with the tracks printed on the flap. By clicking Accept, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. $25.70 + $1.99 shipping. 'The Other Side of Town', onCurtis), transmitting bleak lyrics through uncompromisingly vivacious music. A true musical icon. Mayfield began work on his own self-titled album in 1970. I STARED AT IT FOR QUITE SOME TIME. A comparable work to the other similar albums of the time, by James Brown and Isaac Hayes. Curtis Mayfield - Super Fly More images Tracklist Credits Arranged By - Johnny Pate Engineer - Roger Anfinsen Producer, Written-By - Curtis Mayfield Notes Fold-out die-cut flap (Super Fly logo and character) to expose opening edge located at what is normally the record spine. Just bought this sealed brand new, but it doesn't have the hype sticker and it also doesn't have the text on the back of the flap. This is, without question, one of the most incredible albums ever to be released & truly solidified Curtis Mayfield's true genius.

Potomac Highlands Regional Jail Mugshots, Starbucks Lawsuit Settlements, Hyperbole About Friendship, Fdny Deputy Chief List, Smith And Western Chichester, Articles C

curtis mayfield superfly vinyl